10 Tips on How to Enlarge a Small Room
These tips on how to enlarge a room are based on the main principles of human space perception. There is nothing supernatural that can confuse you. Our tips are simple and can be used by everyone who is on the track to change something in his/her living space for the better.
1. The main role in the room enlarging process belongs to light. Do not upholster blackouts or any draperies of dark shades.
2. Use big mirrors.
3. All big furniture pieces have to be of neutral colors. But you can add some decoration things like pillows, pictures, etc.
4. Choose the same color for wall, furniture and accessories in order to create an integrated architectural object.
5. Prefer different shades of pastel colors; avoid dark spots,
6. Give preference to rather small decoration patters on the wall or wallpapers. Or choose wall papers without any ornament or sole-colored wall cover.
7. To enlarge a small room, avoid large-sized furniture pieces (arm-chairs, sofa, etc.).
8. Inlay a floor diagonally. This tactic makes a room visually larger.
9. If you have a possibility, combine two neighboring room into a one big room.
10. In this case, you may choose a common floor covering for these two rooms so they can smoothly run into one another.