Vacuum cleaners today come in a whole variety of sizes, shapes, store various features and can be operated differently. If you need your floor and carpet to be cared properly you should choose the vacuum cleaner that suits your needs and offers the highest quality results.
To choose the perfect vacuum cleaner you should know its main characteristics that impact the quality of cleaning the floor and make the process fast and easy. Here’s a short guide of how to pick up the vacuum cleaner.
- If you’re in the store, turn out the vacuum. Thus you can get the first impression about how noisy the vacuum cleaner is and understand is it easy to maneuver and vacuum the carpet or floor.
- Check out the weight. Pick the vacuum up and make sure it’s not a burden for you. If you’re going to dislocate the vacuum cleaner around the house and up and down the stairs it should be lightweight enough for you.
- Check if you can lay the vacuum flat if you are to clean up under the furniture. Some vacuum models are unable to do this.
- Check out the parts and make sure you will be able to easily remove the bag/canister, clear the filter etc.
There are many types of vacuum cleaners. Let’s take a look at the most popular and choose the one that suits your needs the best.
Upright vacuums are heavy and have more capacities than other vacuums. They have motorized brush that is extremely good for cleaning the floor from pet hair.
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Cordless and bagless stick vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology
- Interchangeable 18-volt Lithium Ion battery for fade-free power; auto height adjustment
- Motorized power brush turns off with a flip of a switch for bare-floor cleaning; 11-inch-wide nozzle
- Edge-cleaning bristles, low-profile base, battery-fuel gauge, and Energy Star battery charger included
- Measures approximately 11 by 8 by 42 inches; 2-year limited vacuum warranty; 2-year limited battery/charger warranty
I have a Siberian husky and four cats this thing works wonders on my hardwood floors and area rugs, my husband cannot believe the amount of hair and dirt this thing gets up, oh by the way we live on a farm so there is lots of dirt to pick up so much better than a canister vac. The battery last about two cleanings in my home!
I did research on cordless vaccums and read a lot of reviews before buying this model. I am very impressed with this product. Lots of power, easy to set up and use and easy maintanence. I really like the hardwood and carpet settings. Granted, the battery does not have a super long run time but it still can cover a lot of area, besides, with only a 3 hr. recharge time it doesn’t take long before you can be back at it. I would recommend this product to anyone!
These are usually smaller than upright and have larger capabilities for maneuver. Canister vacuums are perfect for cleaning large areas and especially for taking care for stairs. With large motors, canister vacuums are usually less energy efficient.
Dyson Multi Floor Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Root Cyclone technology – Dyson’s patented technology that doesn’t lose suction power as you vacuum
- The smallest Dyson canister – easy to carry and store
- No extra costs – washable filters and no bags to buy
- Hygienic and quick to empty – just push the button to release the dirt
I just received my Dyson and I love everything about it. It is smaller that I expected but so powerful. I have a toddler a dog and 3 ferrets so vacuuming is everyday job thank to Dyson it is so much fun great on carpets and wood floor so quiet and easy to clean. Absolutely love it:)
I live during the summer in a 30′ camping trailer. All day, every day until I head back to Arizona for the winter. Keeping the floors (including rugs) and furniture clean had been a chore. Now with my little Dyson “monster” there is no problem. It is small so requires that the dirt container be cleaned after each use and fits easily in the storage area under my bed. Thank you DYSON!!!
These vacuum cleaners are perfect for quick clean up minor areas. You can use lightweight vacuum to clean up the dust from shelves, remove pet hair from your couch and clean up your car salon.
Hoover Platinum LINX Pet Cordless Hand Vacuum
- Removes stubborn pet hair* with the freedom of no cord. *Per ASTM F2609.
- Features a Lithium-Ion interchangeable battery that provides fade free power.
- 25 degree pivot design nozzle offers easy maneuverability.
- Pet Upholstery Tool that offers a three blade design for pet hair pick-up.
- Ability to clean delicate surfaces with the Deluxe Dusting Brush.
I have a 25 pound white cat with a LOT of fur. I have been looking for a good vacuum for the fur he leaves on furniture as well as litter box tracking for years. The hand vacuum is much lighter than I expected. I haven’t had any blow back from it at all. The pet tool is absolutely amazing for removing fur from my microfiber chair. It is higher priced than most other hand vacs, but it is worth every penny!
Not too big, not too small, not too heavy, not too light, battery made it last a few hours, with external battery it can be extended for as long as you want. The little tool bits are easy to use and purpose. A bit costly for a hand-held vacuum, but definitely worth it. I have the Linx floor model. Together with this I don’t need any giant corded vacuum any more.
Carpet cleaners are meant to vacuum the carpet with thick fur. They usually have powerful motors to remove the pet hair from fur and sometimes have washing features for grooming carpet.
Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner
- 12 amp carpet cleaner with rotating brushes to clean and groom carpets
- Dual-V Technology produces equal suction across the entire cleaning path
- Direct heat; 3 speeds: Spill pick-up, gentle scrub, and power scrub
- 8-foot hose; removable tool caddy; powered handheld tool for upholstery and stairs
- Measures approximately 20 by 12 by 44 inches; 1-year limited warranty
This unit was easy to assemble, use, and did a tremendous job of cleaning our pet soiled carpets. I can see how some people complained about the “leaking” problems with the upper tank. However, the problem is not the unit. The tank locks and seals in a way that is counter-intuitive, but if you read and follow the manual there does not seem to be a problem. Time will tell about the durability of the unit, however we feel that we’ve already gotten our money’s worth in one usage.
I have nothing but raves for this machine. I used to hire professionals to clean my carpet or I would rent the Rug Doctor Machine for a weekend. This Hoover Steamvac has far surpassed any results I’ve had with the rug doctor & professionals. My carpet actually dries ALOT faster with the Hoover. Before I would have to wait almost 48 hours for my carpet to completely dry. With the Hoover, it’s more like 8. I’m so happy!!
Hard Floor Cleaners
These vacuums have the abilities of three devices. They vacuum the floor, wash it, and dry it up to make your wood floor clean and shiny.
Bissel Steam Mop Bare Floor Steam Cleaner
- Steam-mop for chemical-free cleaning of bare floors
- Ready to clean in 30 seconds
- Low-profile pivoting head, ergonomic handle, and steam trigger
- Safe on marble, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, linoleum, and sealed hardwood
- 7-1/2 by 10-1/2 by 45-1/2 inches; weighs 6.9 pounds
A way to mop the kitchen without getting on my hands and knees! I have a 24 x 15 White floor in my kitchen and 2 small children. It always needs mopping and it used to be my least favorite chore…until I got this. Thank you Bissel. First you saved my carpet with the pro heat and now you have made the hard floors in my house a breeze.
This product is just great. I needed a new mop so instead, I decided to give this a try. What a difference! I thought my floors were at least fairly clean from a regular mop but I was rather embarrased by how much dirt this mop actually picked up! I had to use a new cleaning pad the first time I used it in each room because the pad was so dirty. I have wood, ceramic tile and laminate flooring and a huge house. This steam cleaner handled each floor beautifully and runs a really long time on a tank of water. I would recommend this product to anyone.
These vacuums are Porsche of vacuum cleaners. Robotic vacuums have intelligent programming that allows you set a program and go to your business while this small device will be cleaning the floor and carpet.
iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies
- It uses a new advanced cleaning head which provides superior performance for picking up pet hair, dirt, dust and more
- Dual HEPA filters trap dust, allergens and tiny particulates leaving behind fresh, clean air
- The included infrared remote allows you to control Roomba without getting up
- The robot can be scheduled to perform up to seven cleaning sessions per week, even when you?re not home
- It uses sophisticated power management software that results in 50% longer battery life than previous Roomba generations
Four hairy dogs and a clean floor everyday, life is good. This product rocks, it vacuums every single day and picks up dog hair – my house is always clean. I just need to empty the bin daily, takes seconds. Weekly I clean the brushes, less than 15 minutes! Great product, totally lives up to my expectations.
As I wandered if it really goes everywhere in the room I put a lot of small pieces ( 200) of paper. When I came back almost everything was gone. I got some 20 pieces left. I put the robot another time and all was gone. Really amazing, I bought Roomba to get rid of the dog’s hair as my twin grand daughters crawl everywhere. I never expected the whole job done!