High chairs are an essential purchase for your baby. When your infant is grown up enough to try new food aside of mother’s milk you will need a high chair to make the feeding process more comfortable and easy. High chairs allow your baby trying new tastes in comfortable surroundings and make the cleaning easy and quick.
Baby’s high chairs come in a variety of styles and designs. Your baby may use high chair up to age of 3-4 years. Some models are customizable and may ‘grow’ as your child grows. Of course, to withstand daily use, baby’s high chair should be durable and sturdy. Let’s find out how to choose the perfect item among the best high chairs for babies.
How to Choose The Baby’s High Chair
- Adjustability and design. High chairs come in a great variety of designs. You should choose one depending on your needs, budget and tastes. Basic chairs are cheaper but they won’t be very handy when your child outgrows them. Adjustable chairs are more expensive but you may use one chair for many years customizing it according to your child needs.
- Cleaning issues. Choose a baby’s high chair that is easy to clean. The best idea is to find a chair with seat and harness that can be removed and thrown in the washing machine.
- Feeding tray. Some cheaper chairs don’t have trays – you just put them next to the dinner table. However, feeding trays are very useful and make feeding process more comfortable. Choose the baby’s high chair with removable tray you can easily take off and clean up. Some of trays are even dishwasher-safe.
- Safety and comfort. The baby’s high chair should be sturdy and durable. You should be sure your child stay safe in chair while you’re preparing his food. Make sure seats are cozy and don’t have any seams, sharp edges, holes or other issues that could hurt baby.
Baby’s High Chair Safety Tips
- Make sure the baby’s high chair conforms to safety standard BS14988.
- Choose a high chair with sturdy wide base.
- If the chair has wheels make sure they have a lock-up system to prevent sudden rollaways.
- Safety harness is a must. Keep your child properly restrained every time you put him in a high chair.
- Don’t leave your child alone in a high chair.
- Don’t use a high chair on a slippery surface.
Cosco Flat Fold High Chair
- 3-position adjustable tray with built in cup/snack holder
- Easy-wipe seat pad
- Built-in cup holder
- Built-in footrest
- Flat lightweight design for storage and travel
Can beat it for the price. Very stable. Especially at the legs, 4 plastic leg fittings come with it to keep the chair from tipping over sideways. Very handy since my baby started crawling and grabbing onto the highchair’s legs and started yanking on it. The leg fittings keep the chair from falling over. Some complained of the seatback being too reclined. Again, it hasn’t been an issue for my baby. She’s only in it a short time for feeding.
I purchased this high chair for my 5 month old granddaughter. She is small so needs a pillow but will grow into it. My daughter just loves it, she has little space in her apartment so the fold flat feature fits her lifestyle. Pretty and functional. Good deal!! Great Price !!
Badger Basket Envee Baby High Chair
- High chair for feeding and table and chair for playing
- Easily converts back and forth
- 3 position adjustable front tray
- 3 position, reclining, adjustable seat.
- 5 point harness system.
- 2 trays. Regular tray and removable, dishwasher safe insert tray.
I purchased this chair for my 7 month old grandaughter and we just love it. It was easy to assemble and I love the dual functionality. Also the tray is much more adjustable than most high chairs and I love the removable top tray for cleaning. While I don’t usually like anything plastic, this is a heavy plastic and seems to be well made. This is something a child can use for many years and at a reasonable price. We will be ordering another one for the newest Grandchild.
I have a BIG 2 year old, I have searched high and low for a high chair that he can safely sit in. after many returns to stores and searches, this is it ! This chair is perfect for my big baby boy ! It is sturdy, well made and fun !
Chicco Vinyl Polly High Chair
- Seven height positions and three reclining positions for increased comfort
- Most convenient maneuvering with one-hand seat recline and tray removal
- Two cushioned seat pads that are easy to clean
- Phthalate free vinyl seat pads
- Slimmest fold in its class
Its great material that’s easy to wipe down. My daughter loves to play, eat, watch mom and dad in the kitchen and she just hangs out! not recommended to use as a baby sitter, neighbors might call the cops on you!
I have had this for ab 3 months now and it’s all I ever wanted in a highchair!! Easy to clean, easy to store, looove the wheels easy to push around. Overall I would recomend this to anyone.
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair
- JPMA certified
- Eating tray and dishwasher safe tray cover included
- Available in natural or mahogany wood color
- Adjustable foot and seat plate allows chair to seat from 6 months up to 250 pounds
- Cloth cushion seating included
Bought this beautiful wooden high chair for my special needs granddaughter, age 9. It is safe and can be adjusted for her size. Now she can be part of the family at mealtime, for playing during family games and moved into the kitchen so she can interact while adults are cooking. Can’t stress the safety aspect of this chair for kids with special needs. Chair is sturdy. Well made and worth every penny of the price.
I love this chair. Solid as a rock and very well made down to the details. Customer service was very nice and prompt as well. It looks nice in our dining area and will last my granddaughter a long time. She loves it too. Sits right up to the table with the big people.
Peg-Perego Tatamia High Chair
- Comfortable seat fully reclines and adjusts to nine heights
- Spring loaded design allows it to automatically fold to a compact storage size with a smaller footprint than a regular high chair
- The 5 point safety strap and passive restraint T bar retain your child in complete safety
- Wide, spacious, softly padded seat is covered in our ultimate Prima Classe upholstery
- Can be used later as a youth chair at table
This is a very well built high chair, although it’s pricer than other high chairs on the market, but i love all the functionality it comes with. I like it alot that it could be converted to a swing for an infant, a big plus !!
Love, love, love this high chair!!!!! It is perfect! My 5 month old son loves it in the swing position. He can watch me in the kitchen while I cook! I really like the safety features. It will not roll unless you press both gray buttons at the same time. So glad to have found this!!